Board Game News Roundup : Smash Up Release Date, Sentinels News and More
- AEG’s Smash Up just got its street date. October 8th is the day we’ll all be able to enjoy the awesomeness that GeekInsight has. Read here for his excellent review of the game and get ready to do some shufflebuilding!
- I don’t want to brag, but at PAX I played an EPIC game of the new Sentinels of the Multiverse expansion, Infernal Relics, with one of the game’s designers, Christopher Badell. After hearing so much about the expansion, it was a pleasure getting to meet the designer and sit down for a few games. He’s both a hilarious guy and a phenomenal Sentinels player (He made the Kraken kill Voss!). I’ve played through two of the villains and as two of the new heroes, and I have to tell you, dear readers, that the expansion is amazing. The promo character, Unity, is an absolute blast to play and has some of the funniest flavor text I’ve seen in the game so far. The Kickstarter rewards should be arriving soon as they just cleared through customs!
- Christopher also let me in on a little secret about the next expansion. Greater Than Games is expecting to release their next expansion during Gen Con 2013, with a Kickstarter campaign early next year. Once we have more details, we’ll be sure to post them here! Buzz on the street is that this expansion is going to deal with Time and Space and will be a larger expansion than the previous two.
- Lastly in Sentinels news, Greater Than Games is holding a Villain creation contest on their site. Be sure to check it out and submit your favorite ideas and win the chance for your villain to be featured in the next set! Say… I’ve got this idea for a Time Duke that I call The Healer….
- Pandasaurus Games is reprinting Lost Valley via Kickstarter. This classic Klondike rush game is being reprinted and updated with newer components and newer rules. Stay tuned for further updates on this reprint when their campaign goes live this week.
- Playing on the HBO version of Game of Thrones, Fantasy Flight Games is releasing a 2 player version of their Game of Thrones LCG. However, there’s a key difference here in that the games are entirely unrelated to one another. It sounds like it will have many similar mechanics but just be incompatible with the larger LCG game. I know there are a great many Game of Thrones fans out there, so if you’re looking to get into the card game but don’t want to jump completely into the vast pool of cards that the Game of Thrones LCG has, this might be your ticket.