Board Game News Roundup: Memoir ’44 Gets a BIG Upgrade and More!
- Attention Memoir ’44 fans! In memory of the anniversary of D-Day, Days Of Wonder has announced the Memoir ’44 Equipment pack. This is a massive box of new figures that represent special troops from various scenarios. While I’m not 100% clear on this, I believe this means you can replace many of the older style tokens used to represent unique troops and just play with these new awesome figures. This set also includes 17 new scenarios (some Overload and Breakthrough are included in this list) that heavily use the new troops. Hit the link for full details on all the awesome goodies arriving later this year.
- If the above image seems familiar to you, you’ve probably played a game of Thunderstone or two back in the day. But did it have that slick look? Probably not! It probably had the old style icons and borders from the original Thunderstone sets. AEG has done something amazing and has released the entire original Thunderstone set as a Print and Play set. Even better, it’s got the new card style! If you’ve really wanted to try out Thunderstone or just toss in the original set into your Thunderstone Advance games, now’s the chance! Click here to get started.
- I’ve got a confession to make: I’m really not that solid of a Nightfall player. I do own the game, and plan to get better, but I need a lot of work. However, basic cards like the above from Nightfall: Dark Rages just seem like very strong creatures to me. Check out the preview link for a full write up on this card or check out this additional Nightfall preview here.
- AEG has posted a new Smash Up preview, this time showing off the Aliens! I loved the idea of this game before, but I have to admit that seeing all the different faction strengths has me really jazzed about its potential. When adding a few Aliens into your deck, you’ll be able to wipe out or bounce the opponents’ minions en masse back to their hands. Check out part one of the Alien previews here.
- Incredibly unrelated to D-Day, Quarriors: Quarmaggedon was released on June 6th by WizKids and is making its way into stores as we speak. As many of you know, I love Quarriors, so I’m really excited to see this released. Hopefully I can get it into my hands soon and give it a review! It comes with new creatures and spells plus a great way to store the game.
- Lastly, FFG’s game by the famous Donald X. Vaccarino, Infiltration, has been released! This is a fast paced game of cyber-espionage where players are racing against the game to gather the most loot. I’ve heard somewhat mixed reviews about it, though I’ll try to give it a play myself before making a call on it.