Board Game News Roundup: New game announcements aplenty!
We’ve got a bit of a news this week with some hot off the presses game announcements that are sure to make you smile.
- First up, Small World Realms was announced by Days of Wonder. This expansion expands both Small World and Small World: Underground and allows players to make their own maps using tiles. Included as well are 12 scenarios that you can play out with the new tiles. Looks like it will be available this July in North America!
- Victory Point Games’ has released Destined Hero, a 2 player strategy game where players are trying to set up a series of actions/encounters in advance before the main action in the game starts. It’s a nifty concept and I have to admit, I really like to the look of the 8-bit art included in the game. The art gives it that classic 90′s RPG feel.
- Munchkin 8 : Half Horse Will Travel has released and is available for order from their site. Check out a cool preview over at the DorkTower site.
- Scene-It is no more! Screenlife, makers of the Scene-It line of games has closed its doors. I really enjoyed many hours of their Xbox 360 games so it’s sad to hear them go. I strongly disagree with the initial statement of the article though. “The board-game market is not where it used to be…” Paramount’s COO said. Board gaming has had a huge resurgence over the last 10 or more years. You do need to be inventive though, and be willing to make a different type of game…
- Fantasy Flight Games has announced Sky Traders, a merchant game where players take on the roles of …well….sky traders. Seems like the game is about sailing about the clouds buying and selling goods and in general, being all piratey. More on this one as news emerges.